MILAN HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, INC.
- Annual Meetings: The annual meetings of the MHS Alumni shall be held the third Saturday of June at Milan High School.
- Quorum Requirements: A majority of the board shall constitute a quorum for the transactions of business.
- The Executive Board: shall consist of elected officers of Alumni Association. Each member shall hold office until a successor has been elected.
- Meetings: Special Meetings of the executive board may be called at any time by the president or any two board members.
- Notice of the Board Meetings: All board meetings may be held anytime deemed necessary by president or two board members.
- Vote By Board: The vote of a majority of board members present at a meeting at which a quorum is present shall be the act of the board.
- Other Committees: The executive board may appoint committees as necessary to manage the affairs of the corporation as is necessary.
- Number: The corporation shall have a president, secretary and other officers as the executive board deems necessary.
- Election and Terms: Officers shall be elected by members at annual meetings. Each officer shall serve until a successor has been elected.
- Duties: All officers shall have such authority and perform such duties in the management of the corporation as are normally incident to their officers and as the executive board may from time to time provide.
RESIGNATIONS, REMOVALS AND VACANCIES
- Resignations: Any officer may resign at any time by giving written notice to the executive board. Any such resignation shall take effect at the time specified therein upon acceptance by the board.
- Removal of Officer: Any officer or agent may be removed by the board whenever in its judgment the best interest of the corporation will be served thereby.
- Vacancies: Any vacancies occurring in any offices for any reason, including removal of an officer, may be filled by the vote a majority of the board then in office, even if less than a quorum exists.
- Source of Income: $1.00 dues and voluntary contributions from alumni are accepted at any time. Most contributions are made prior to annual meetings.
- Uses of Income: Expenses pertaining to annual meeting and banquet are paid. Scholarships are awarded to graduating seniors of Milan High School. One scholarship is awarded to the child of Milan High School Alumni, although said child does not necessarily have to be a graduate of Milan High School. As used herein, the term “Milan High School Alumni” shall refer to a person who graduated from and received a diploma issued by the Milan High School. If funds are available, projects benefiting Milan High School are undertaken.
AMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS
These by-laws may be amended, added to, or repealed either by:
(1) a majority vote of the executive board, or (2) a majority vote of the entire Alumni Association. Any change in the by-laws made by the board, however, may be amended or repealed by the members.
I certified that these by-laws were duly adopted at the executive meeting of the corporation held on the 11th day of May, 1988 and were approved by all the members on that date.
AMENDMENT TO BY-LAWS OF MILAN HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, INC.
- Source of Income: $10.00 dues and voluntary contributions from alumni are accepted at any time. Most contributions are made prior to alumni meetings.
We, the undersigned, certify that this amendment was duly adopted at the Executive meeting of the corporation held on February 13, 2007 and was approved by all members present.